Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Smackdown!

My daughter goes to a Catholic school so i get to hear of the goings-ons in the Church first hand and very excitedly from her. When she came home yesterday with the news about the new pope, she was jumping up and down like the Beatles were coming to town.

I do not watch television very often; any information on worldly events I get from the Internet. So I went online and read up about this new pope, since he will probably be affecting my every day life with rules and regulations for my daughters to adhere to in school. (and of course the other effect of me rolling my eyes every time some new stupid rule is applied) First red flag: the Germans were calling him "ultra-conservative". I then read that New Pope actually has a slogan, just like Wendy's, except his goes like this:

"Putting the smackdown on heresy since 1981"

Now THAT is what I need in a pope! Get all dem feminists and heretics and homo-people and people with blogs in the internet talking blasphemy in one place and New Pope will WRESTLE them all into submission! Yee haw!!!!!!! I wonder if we can get that on pay-per-view?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"I wonder if we can get that on pay-per-view? "

If you could, would it be called "Pope-per-view?" Just wondering...

Vajana said...

Ahh, good one Kelli, you are ON!

One can only conjure up the Pope arriving in his Popemobile, with the pyrotechnics in the background forming into one big cross...yipes in this day who's to say that won't happen!

Unknown said...

Perhaps the Catholic religion just got a whole bunch more interesting...

Vajana said...

yeah I do not think that is possible. Fr. Guido Sarducci was about the most interesting thing to come out of catholicism (besides me of course) and he was FAKE.