Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Conversations with Rug

Scene: Driving on a road we come across a trestle with graffiti written all over it.

Rug: I bet teenagers did that.

Me: I bet you are right, honey.

Rug: Well, if that was me, I'd get some paint and draw over it, "THIS IS NOT NICE. IT'S JUST A SHAME."

Me: Oh! Well I guess that might teach them.

Rug: (pause) Yeah.

Me: (silent)

Rug: Then I'd punch them in the face.

Me: That might not be a good idea.

Rug: Mommy, I promise I will not write on stuff when I'm a teenager.

Me: Good.

Rug: (Longer pause) Well, okay I'm not going to pinky-promise that though.

4 comments:

Circus Kelli said...

Hee... you have to admire that honesty. :)

Vajana said...

yeah let's just hope she's that honest at 16!

Circus Kelli said...

Amen, sistah!

Mt Montana House Cleaning said...

Unique blog my friend, I can hardly wait to vist
this site again. I just worship the site its comes
from! Believe me in my extra time I'm consistently
looking up blogs like this.
Come as you are and look at my nm new mexico house cleaning blog.