hey look i'm blogging more than once a month, that's cool right?
just a quick update...we have another showing tonight. this will be 26. Ironically, tomorrow is my 26th birthday. Okay, no it isn't. But it was a nice try. Tonight is the last night I will be closer to 30 than to 40. :(
Next of all, Mo has been so incredibly entertaining as of late. She can sing her ABC's and can at least recognize the letter C due to her recent obsession with Cookie Monster. I mean, he is old school, right? But she is in love. If she had to choose between Elmo and Cookie, I'm not sure what she'd do. Cookie is more her level though, even since he's become more "PC" and eats fewer cookies (he eats veggies now too), he is still pretty non-evolved and I think that's why Mo likes him. It's interesting how some Monsters on Sesame Street have very good vocabulary (Zoe, telly, who is just about the most annoying one on there) yet others have yet to even grasp the idea of first person. (Elmo, Cookie) I guess those folks know what they're doing over there though. Heaven knows it's 10000 better than Dragon tales or Barney.
Okay that was quite a tangent.
I also wanted to mention some song she sings, only in the car, and only when she is revved up. We don't know where it came from, or what it is, but it just sounds like, "WHA-DAY" over and over again, with arm motions, and then some other chorus after the refrain, that is completely unintelligible to all in the car, besides Mo of course. it's hysterical, but I will never get it on video because I'm usually driving and she has never sang it at home, and if you try to sing it, she looks at you as if you have desecrated the National Anthem ala Roseanne.
Last of all, Al scored 4 goals the other night at soccer, her last game of the year for the school, and the score was 4-3 so needless to say she won the game for them. I was SO proud of her, and I told the principal of her school if he saw her in the hallway to give her a pat on the back. Instead, he announced it in front of her WHOLE class, and made them give her a standing ovation. She was beaming when she got home, and I pray and pray she never ever finds out I told him about it!
I've got more work to and and apparently some cleaning to do as we have a showing at 5:30 and I'm sure the house still smells like Smelly Cat.
* Working 80+ hours for this new job...when your computer sits in your house, it's hard to say you won't work. Not like jumping in the car and driving to an office, they KNOW it's right there. So, in a nutshell, my back hurts, my fingers hurt and my head hurts from all the new terms I've been learning. Good times.
* Driving up the River Road with my delicious husband for his birthday and sitting on a deck drinking Blue Moons and watching the sunset. Fantabulous.
* Getting my yearly cups from the Italianfest...each year our city holds this festival where there is a ton of Italian food and beer (ya I know, I hate it too!) and with each beer you get a cup. These are the ONLY cups we drink out of, and I have 10 years' worth in my cabinets. This year was the 25th anniversary however, and the cups had RIDGES. It's like my whole collection of fine china has become upgraded. (oh, and by the way, I 'earned' WAY too many cups this year and spilled one over my friend's super hot brother's back. 'Sokay though, I was giving him a hug at the time and was rubbing up against him, so it was worth it) * Transcribing cardiac stress/rest tests that make my brain squeal in pain.
* Running! With all this stress I need an outlet, and even though i didn't make my bet with LP, it's OK, because at least I'm still staying healthy.
* Finding a new channel that I like on Sirius, #36, lots of dance music.
* Eating at the hibachi grill again, those onion volcanoes just are the bee's knees.
* Going to a balloon glow before the annual Great Balloon Race in St. Louis. Did you know STL was famous for this? I mean, I knew it happened but I don't think anybody outSIDE of St. Louis does. But they insist it's what we're famous for. You know, not for being the murder capital or for that big silver McDonald's arch-looking thing that towers over the city. WTF? *** Oh, I wanted to post pics, because this balloon thing was so fun, but I can't find the USB cord. Hopefully I will have them soon)
* Watching a LOT of soccer. Guess what I'm doing Friday for my birthday? If you answered getting a pedicure while having a back massage by David Beckham you'd be...really wrong. I'm going to a soccer game.
* Did I mention the working? It's truly kicking my a$$.
* we had our 25th showing last night of the house. That is 25 times I've had to clean the house to Martha Stewart clean. 25 times we've had to go find something to do, and 25 times I've yelled at the kids to pick up after themselves. Still, we are here.
* Collapsed into bed only to not be able to sleep due to LP's incessant snoring.
* Oh and I got an IUD! Is that appropriately listed here? Probably not. It's probably nobody's business either, but I had planned a post actually about taking this birth control pill called Yaz that made my hair fall out. You read that right, it made my HAIR FALL OUT.
* Enjoying the last week where my age will be closer to 30 than it is 40. :(
So that's it. It doesn't get any more exciting than that either, so breaking this up into separate posts would have only put you to sleep faster, so good day. Enjoy your nap.
Hope all is well, and as soon as I find that cord I will post pictures.
This weekend was SO much better than the last. Granted I worked every single day (yes, transcriptionists work on Labor Day. It's Labor. we work. in our jammies though) but the weather was beautiful and LP and I even got to go on a drive in the convertible. Wish we could have gone floating, we have not done that in 4 years and I'm seriously craving it.
3 showings this weekend, haven't heard back on any of them. Still contemplating buying a lot of land and starting from scratch as soon as we sell this. who knows, I still love that house we have a contract on. Just not sure if it's the 'one'.
Rug was invited to go to Greece, she is still in the running to have it paid for, but her coach invited her regardless, but we'd have to pay for it. It'd be about $20K for the 4 of us to go there, and that's if we left Mo here. :( which would be hard to do, but what would be harder, lugging her around the Parthenon? Probably. So we are doing tons of searches on Greek tourism, it looks so exciting to me. I of course would have to go to Santorini just cuz Kalki did.
Gotta go, a CT of maxillofacial bones is waiting for me.