Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Cards

Well we survived the Cardinals game last night, only to the bottom of the 5th inning, which was one more inning than I thought we'd make it to. I brought a huge stash of food, Junior Mints, peanuts, Cracker Jax, beef jerky, fruit snacks, but of course I failed to bring along cotton candy so of course they wanted that. Oh well. We had a great view, they won 5-3.

We also were able to get great views of the new stadium they are building to replace the ol' Busch. (Busch is my husband's favorite word, I won't elaborate) I have mixed emotions about this, because I grew up going to ball games at Busch Stadium, and you know, am totally against anything new. But getting a close look at the new one, well, there really is no comparison. It is incredible. I'm sure a draft beer at the new stadium will require a loan. I wonder if Fredbird will be getting gold teeth.

I am a little overwhelmed right now. We have packing to do, dentist/oil change/haircut appointments, Mother's Day teas, soccer/dance/piano/Brownies, Aaron's grandma is still in the hospital, etc. etc. My head is spinning. I've got 9 days until our vacation from everything, which, if I think about it, is going to be more like walking 8 miles a day instead of lying around on a beach. But it's going to be great, and it's got to be better than the weather we're having here! 45 degrees wtf??

I should probably get downstairs and workout. Where is the motivation? I would much rather go in the kitchen and eat Oreos. (Yes, they seduced me and I bought a box of Oreo peanut butter. Seduced!) But off I go!!

2 comments:

Random and Odd said...

Double Stuff Oreos.

I was doing fine until I read that line.

You're killing me here girl!! ;)

Vajana said...

listen, I just went and got 3 cavities (3!) and I figured the only thing I could eat was...that's right. Double Stuff Oreos drenched in milk. MmmmmmmMMMmmm. AND I'm lactose intolerant. It ain't right.