Thursday, April 28, 2005

Lucky Pot

No this is not a post about a) getting good weed OR b)making it to the toilet.

It is about BINGO.

That is where I went tonight with 4 of my bestest girlfriends. We usually go out once a month, and someone suggested we try it. It. Was. A. BLAST.

As I'm sure you are aware, these people are serious about their Bingo. They have them their Bingo Trolls and Lucky Bingo Daubers and seriously, stop laughing, this is Bingo and we shall not mock the Bingo.

I got a beer, and that was lucky I guess, but then I drank it and felt the need to continue to have a lucky beer on hand at all times, so I continued to replace the first lucky beer. This did not make me luckier, but it sure made me care less about it.

At one point in the evening, my friend shouted out to the other friend to get her a beer, and that is NOT tolerated at Bingo. An old lady came over, and we thought she was going to boot us, but instead told us a rather silly joke about a girl getting a haircut and a Twinkie. So I think that means we are 'in' with the Bingo crowd. Woo hooo!

Luckypot was the name of one of the games, and I started singing my own song about Luckypot to the tune of "Rocky Top". I think everyone was entertained thoroughly by it.

In the end, we all walked out with no money, but a new respect for those Bingo aficionados.

Oh, yeah and really, really smelling like cigarettes.

2 comments:

paintergirl said...

You always crack me up. You remind me of my sister. I can relate to the serious bingo crowd, because I went to a serious polka dance party once. Those old people can dance and they can drink beer! I loved it. I think I was about 25 at the time.

Vajana said...

Hmm. I've never been told that I reminded anyone of anyone! I sure hope your sister doesn't live in a van down by the river! :)

Yes, those Bingo players were serious. I never dreamed I'd ever be playing, but it was a lot of fun. There were more than a few "Bingo Nazis" that is for sure!