Friday, May 27, 2005

Frisk Me Minnie

That was the name of the horse I bet on last night at the racetrack. Of course she came in 7th. This, people, is why I do not gamble. I must've slept with Lady Luck's boyfriend in a past life.

We had a good time though, it was fun. No blood was shed, and all of us remain friends the next day, which is always a good sign.

As I previously mentioned we don't have a lot of plans this weekend save for a couple of BBQs to go to. LP and I decided to go down to "Rib America" which is going on downtown St. Louis, and is also apparently going on in a few other cities. I made the mistake of reading the entertainment lineup from the other cities and guess what? St. Paul and Indianapolis are treated to RICK SPRINGFIELD. Yeah, they get Bop till you Drop and you know what St. Louis gets? Morris Freakin' Day and the Time.

If you recall, on my top 5 least favorite songs, lies Morris day and the Time. I loathe Morris Day and the Time. How many versions of "Jungle Love" can you play to fill up a half hour of playtime? Seriously. St. Paul will be Lovin' Somebody and Indianapolis won't be talking to Strangers but holy crap we'll have lots of friggin' Jungle Love going on.

Well I guess I could always wait till their set is finished and go see "Cameo" sing "word up" eight billion times instead.

No comments: