Tuesday, May 03, 2005

consumed

I was feeling a little overwhelmed the other day with all the things I need to get done in the next few days, and I took a step back. Someone said to me once that the best way to fix a camera is not to look outward through the lens, but to open up the camera and fix what the inner workings. I don't know, maybe it wasn't anything like that, maybe it was a radio or a toothbrush or something else but still, I think the point was, don't look the same way you are looking to fix what is wrong, go from inside yourself.

Anyway, I'm not all that philosophical, most of my inspirations come from Homer Simpson and random things my kids say. But I decided to do something...I crumpled up all the lists and ideas and itineraries and strategies I had going for this Disney trip and threw them out.

I do NOT want this to be a stressful, planned-to-the-second vacation. I want this to be chillin' like Bob Dylan on the beach watching my kids frolic in the waves. I want to see the sunset with my husband and have him put his arms around my shoulders.

So other than the Cinderella dinner and the hush-hush surprise Tigger/Pooh lunch I have planned, we are going totally on the seat of our worn out pants! or, as my mother would say, we're 'playing it by ear', which was a phrase I always hated, because what the hell? Who has ever played with their ear and why?

No comments: