Saturday, March 19, 2005

top 5 favorite SNL skits

I'm a huge SNL fan, and although I think this season has been a bit of a downer, I will still remain faithful. But here are the 5 skits that I probably quote from at least once a week:

5. Chris Farley is Matt Foley, motivational speaker. He is lecturing teenagers, David Spade and Christina Applegate. He is so over the top, they both cannot contain themselves and are laughing hysterically. He finally falls and breaks the coffee table. Beautiful.

4. Again, Chris Farley. He is trying out for the Chippendales and his only competition is Patrick Swayze. Patrick wins, only by a hair, and probably a tight stomach.

3. Dan Ackroyd is Irving Mainway of Mainway Toys, and Jane Curtin is discussing with him how his Halloween costumes may be dangerous for young children. What child wouldn't want to be the "Invisible Pedestrian" for Halloween?

2. Sam Waterson is a good salesman. That is why when he is selling Robot Insurance, you listen. Because you never know when robots might attack.

1. Of course, this is pretty inevitable, but the Blue Oyster Cult skit is by far the funniest frickin' thing I have ever seen in my life. I don't know who wrote this skit, but it is classic. It shows Will Ferrell at his finest, and utilizes one of the greatest hosts, Christopher Walken, who turns out for one of the best performances. He is someone who you wouldn't think would be funny but ends up hilarious only by the way he delivers his lines. Whenever I want Aaron to do something and he asks why? (believe me, this is pretty often) I say, "Because I'm Bruce Dickenson. I put my pants on just like the rest of you - one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records."

No comments: