Saturday, March 12, 2005

My other job is Movie Critic

We rented "Shaun of the Dead" last night. I'd spent 5 hours in a dentist's chair (see post: root canal!) and needed a LAUGH!

And did I get one.

This movie is one of the funniest movies I've seen in a long time.

LP and I were on the couch rolling and holding our stomachs. It's that funny. Of course, we also thought "Jackass: the Movie" was one of the best movies we've seen in the last 5 years too, so bear that in mind.

If you've ever seen "Dawn of the Dead" or "Evil Dead", this is right up your alley. It's about Shaun, our unlikely hero, who has to defend himself from dead zombies who want to eat him, his friends, his mum and his girl.

The best part in my opinion, is when they learn that in order to kill the zombies, they have to hit them in the head or decapitate them. They decide to use Shaun's vintage album record collection as their weapons. Parting with them is hard for Shaun however:

Ed: Purple Rain.
Shaun: No.
Ed: Sign o' the Times.
Shaun: Definitely not.
Ed: The Batman soundtrack?
Shaun: Throw it.

It is maniacally funny. Fried gold. And more on the root canal later.

No comments: