Friday, June 30, 2006

SPF Friday--Shaun style






Hi everyone! Time for SPF, which was quite a challenge for me this week. Kristine is visiting her momma so her bohunk in waiting Shaun has the ideas for SPF:

1. Something with a story behind it.
2. Random and Odd photo that your readers must caption!
3. (keeping with the wedding theme) Something borrowed.

So though I am having major anxiety today (pains in my body that should not be) I am just going to try to use some pictures from my old stash:

1. Something with a story behind it.

I absolutely do not have story telling abilities, and don't most pictures have stories behind them anyway? This pic was taken in 2003 on the Lake of the Ozarks. We had gone there with my parents for a few days. No sooner than 10 minutes after this picture was taken, a tremendous thunderstorm overtook us and we nearly sank. We all sat curled in a ball on the floor while LP tried to navigate us back to shore. It was very scary, and AL just sat saying the "Our Father" over and over again. We have since called my parents the Griswolds, because growing up on vacations our family always ended up having some sort of mishap, and apparently the two of them have carried that on with them in spirit.

2. Random and Odd photo--readers caption!


3. Something borrowed:


I just love me some Jerri Blank. So here's a picture I borrowed from the internet, in honor of her movie coming out this week. Unfortunately for me in the Midwest it does not open around here (and in only ONE theater!) until the 14th, but you bitches in NY and LA can already see it!

Okay, so that's my lame ass attempt at SPF this week, at least I played!

Did YOU play???!?!?!?!

16 comments:

Kami said...

Okay, the storm story is funny. I mean, since you all are okay. :)

Teena in Toronto said...

What a scary storm story! Glad you made it okay. Cute cartoon ... I've never heard of her.

I played too :)

Jana said...

My caption: Here we see the wild snuffleupagus in search of a mate.

I played!

Shelli said...

Great story with #1, i love the pic. Makes you want to hold them even closer when something scary happens like that!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Elizabeth said...

I am scarred by that moist as a snack cake thing. Gross.

I played.

Torie said...

I love the Lake of the Ozarks. We go every year, but it can be quite scary during a storm. Hope you get to feeling better.
I played

Unknown said...

I liked the boat/storm story. Makes for great memories, right?

Oh great! I thought this was an exculsive club. Who let the wierdo in?

I played.

Suzanne R said...

Couldn't get the text for the story -- the pic looks interesting, though!

Caption: Let this be a warning to you -- elephants should never do drugs.

I played.

Uzz said...

Caption: "Mr. Snuffleupagus suddenly realized he would never be accepted by those in this harsh land of which he had been banished to."

Great job!

I played as well!

CameraDawktor said...

Wow, that is some story about the boat! You already knew it but I played too!

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Here's my elephant caption:\

"Hey, how come you guys are all gray? Death in the family?"

Tell me: What is "SPF"?

Charlotte in Pa said...

We might be related! We were in NYC for the big blackout, in Orlando for Hurricane Charley, again in NYC for a giant blizzard in 2005, etc. Trouble seems to follow us when we vacation!

My caption: I can't believe I was bussed here for school. Affirmative Action sucks.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Caption: Yikes they are all naked except me....

I played too

Vajana said...

ack i cannot believe no one got the obvious:

"One of these things is not like the other...one of these things just doesn't belong..."

:)

GEWELS said...

My Caption: Thank God I didn't wear the same outfit, again!

Love the cartoon- Must check it out.
I played

Susie said...

Hi, Jana :) Thanks for visiting. I didn't see an email address for you, so forgive if this is too personal. First, congrats on your wonderful baby girl. I can't even comment on those who make "boy" comments to you; just beyond inexcusable. Your news is nothing but good. I just wanted to say, keep making noise, don't give up about getting your pain diagnosed. I will also say that when I had the kidney stones, often, the initial urinalysis would be clear, but if they held on to it for a day and cultured it, the infection would show up. They usually don't do that, though. Because I was drinking so much water, the bacteria was too diluted to show up at first test, or some such. Be well, mama and baby :)