Monday, June 26, 2006

Birthday partay

Now that I have a little more time and a little more energy I can talk about Al's 9th birthday. On Friday we took her to Six Flags for the day, and she rode the Ninja for the first time. It was a great time, although I shall never recommend being preggers and going there.

On Saturday we had 11 (yes I'm a total nutjob) of her friends over for a "High School Musical" sleepover. My original idea for her birthday was to do a scavenger hunt, but apparently none of the malls around here ALLOW them, so I had to nix that idea. I thought of doing a neighborhood one, but we live in an older neighborhood and I certainly would not want to interrupt anyone's daily viewing of "Matlock" to go find a colored toothpick.

My sister-in-law made these really cool iPod cakes, made from brownies:

We played two games similar to 'Pin the Tail on the Donkey' but instead it was Put the Word Bubble on Sharpay's face. I then put different colored lipsticks on all of them and had them Kiss the Troy poster. Oh yeah, lots of prepubescent fun. We also played High School Musical trivia, and the last game of the evening was Find the Gum...I placed a piece of bubble gum on a plate and covered it completely with whipped cream, with no hands they had to find the gum and first one to blow a bubble won. The kids had a blast. We ended the evening with of course, a showing of the movie itself, and I had to go upstairs because I could not bear hearing 12 girls sing "We're sooooooarrring....flllllyyyyinnnnngg...." for longer than a minute.

Al had a blast, and I should have known better. I have no comments yet on the whole family birthday debacle, but just believe that I am SPENT.

But it is so worth it! FOR THIS:


and p.s. yes those are SBC balloons, shhhhhh!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, Jana, sounds like an awesome party! Points for you for all those fun games! Whew!!

And the ipod cake thingys-Friggin Great.

Vajana said...

yes they were really cool and a huge hit with the girls.

Thanks, it was a great party. I'm just WHIPPED!

Unknown said...

YAY! It looks like she had a great time! Way to go, Mom!

Shelli said...

that was the best...the shower. Now we just need another reason to have another next monht...or week. lol.

Ipod cakes, how original. THey look fantastic. I am so boring when it comes to that stuff.
I do the old fashioned pinata...woohoo! :( Sundays the big day.

Thanks for stoppin by. It was real. Real fun too! ;)

xo sb

Cat said...

Wow, Jana. I think I love you. You ROCK as the Party Momma! I totally want to play Kiss the Troy! But that would make me a perverted old lady so just kidding. (But the kid is freaking adorable, no?)

SHUT UP! HE'S 18!

Anyhoo, those iPod brownies? Kick ASS. You have one lucky little tweenager.

Well done. ;)

Janet said...

That is too funny that your daughter turned 9 the day after my daughter turned 9 and now we are both pregnant again with daughters!! We should chat on the phone! Darian wants to know how I can make her iPod cakes.

Happy Belated Birthday to Al!