Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Laws of Marriage

There are some things that go along with marriage that you cannot deny. Because you've met this wonderful person, you have to take along with him/her ALL that they are. Including the good, things you learn that make you love them even more, but also the bad, or at most, slightly annoying. Snoring, for one, is something you will agree to take on because you love that person. Some people have obsessions to deal with, whether it is golfing, or fishing, or some sort of activity (LP is pretty good about this, his only 'activity' is working out, which has a lovely side effect of him being hunkalicious, so I *sigh* just put up with it.) Or it could be that he has to be paid a lot of attention to at the airport because of a past incident in his childhood (I'm speaking hypothetically....of course). You live with these things, because said activities and baggage are what make up the person you fell in love with.

But when you marry your spouse, there is one thing you take a huge gamble with.

Your future in-laws.

You could win the jackpot, and have great in-laws who don't intrude or do 'drop bys' or who offer to take you shopping and out to lunch and get along great with your own parents.

OR you could have in-laws who are snoopy and judge every move you make and complain about you and will have nothing to do with your parents and who are just smug, smug, smug.

Oh and spiteful. And bitter. And who give you a hard time EVERY stinkin' holiday.

I'm just sayin.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jana, yep -- marry the man, marry his family. Ah, good times. ;)

Unknown said...

Ahhhh, you've forgotten about option #3 wherein everything starts out roses with the in-laws and then slowly falls to crap over the years.

I mean, I'm just saying it's out there...

Vajana said...

CK: yes. GOooood times.

TKW: Oh yes! I'd say that's where I stand with 1/2 of them.

Janet said...

Hey, at least you have in-laws to complain about. My mother-in-law passed away 9 years ago and my father-in-law is scared of me!!

Anonymous said...

Some fathers in law could jam his boner into the brides mother, tell her she's hot, and ask if she wants to f@#$ while the happy couple danced, and the mother in law could tell the bride that now that she's married she needs to not wear such short shorts, I mean it could happen...

Vajana said...

JBO: Hey I'm not complaining. I'm merely giving information.

Jmeped: That could happen, and probably has happened. And then someone somewhere gets to blog about it.