Thursday, June 08, 2006

Just rattling on here.

Last night I woke up in a cold sweat after having a bad dream. After waking up though, I was more confused than ever because I realized the guy in my dream was the coach from the movie "Heaven Can Wait". Two problems with that: 1. I've never seen "Heaven Can Wait". 2. The only knowledge I have of the movie is from Mad magazine. So where did he come from? Well, at any rate, he was trying to steal our Christmas decorations, for reasons unknown.

Al started swim team again yesterday. She loved it last year, but she's way out of shape. Her first meet is in two weeks. She is a pro at the backstroke. Her mother can barely doggy paddle.

Got the septic tank pumped yesterday. $160 worth of shit! Good times, good times.

I also got my haircut yesterday, and told my hairdresser (*is this the proper term? Beautician? Hair stylist? What is it these days so I don't sound like my grandmother?*) I'm making an appointment with her every month of my pregnancy. It just feels SO good getting my hair done.

IS there such a thing as pre-partum depression? I do not ever recall feeling this crappy with my other pregnancies. I can't seem to feel good lately. Maybe I need to change those hair appointments to weekly. And I'm still going to sleep every night at 7 p.m. That is not right.

See it's pretty obvious I have little to say today. Go to Kristine's site and follow the story about the stolen Sidekick. It's pretty funny.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweetie, I think a little prepartum depression can be a real thing. Hang in there. You'll feel better soon. Yay for the hair appointments! Maybe you could get a manicure or a pedicure or something the other weeks...

Hugs!

Janet said...

They are called 'stylists'. And I have one that I need to see, too!

I know exactly how you feel. My boss offered to let me go part time today so I could sleep. As it is, I am pretty much 15 minutes late everyday cause I just needed that much more sleep!

I'm off to bed; getting it all while I can before baby arrives in 11 weeks!

Odd Mix said...

Phenergan can act as a depressant and can make you very tired. Great for nausea, but it knocks my wife flat on her ass when she has to take it.