When I was 4, my dad got into the inflatable jumpy-thingee with me.
When I was six, he held me down while they had to put stitches in my foot.
When I was 10, he taught me all there was to know about Lewis and Clark and then some!
When I was 12, he helped me build the Grand Prize winning science project.
When I was 14, he tried all he could to help me understand algebra (nice try, Dad, but it still hasn't stuck).
When I was 16 he played referee between me and my mom.
When I was 20, he walked with me and put his arm around me while I cried over a boy.
When I was 23, he walked me down the aisle.
When I was 24 I made him a Grandpa.
He is not perfect....the most romantic gift he ever gave my mother was a quilt rack, and he spent more of his time on his teaching job than he did us a lot of the times...but I knew grewing up that I would be lucky if I could find a man half of what he was to be the father of my kids.
My dad is techno-afraid to a fault. He still cannot figure out the call waiting on the telephone. So I know there will never be a day when he will even read my blog.
But with all the things that have happened this past week, and how tired he looked yesterday at our Father's Day BBQ, I hope he knows that I love him more than Lewis probably got tired of hearing Clark snore.
Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!
There are some things that no one teaches you, love.
2 months ago

4 comments:
What a neat post. YOur dad sounds like a real gem, Jana.
What an excellent tribute. You are a lucky lady.
That is so sweet, Jana.
Aw, that's a sweet post.
*rushes off to call Daddy*
Post a Comment