Monday, July 18, 2005

Motif Monday--Secrets

I am horrible, just awful at keeping secrets. Do not bother telling me one, it's fruitless. It is not due to the fact that I like to spread around other people's secrets, it's that I am the WORST liar in the universe and if someone were to call me on a secret, I would explode right then and there. Someone told my mother once that I could never win at poker with my facial expressions. Really, I just can't lie. I tried lying the other night to LP about a movie I'd purchased and didn't want him to know about it, but the instant he said, "What are you watching?" I couldn't hide it.

"I'm sorry! I bought a movie! I didn't want you to know!!!" Of course he just laughs at me.

There is one secret I've kept from my family for over 8 years now and i wonder if I will ever tell them. I'm pretty amazed that I was able to keep it this long, and it's not a secret that would damage anyone or myself, it's just something I think was personal and didn't involve anyone else. So I've got that to hang on to at least!!

Maybe I should keep my undying love for Rick Springfield a secret, but I don't.

7 comments:

paintergirl said...

Oh secrets-have you seen the post secret blog?
No one knows about you and rick?
Well, everytime my husband would go on a business trip, I would rent Sweet Home Alabama. I kept that a secret for a Loooong time.

Vajana said...

OMG THAT was the movie I had gotten!!!!! Isn't that a funny coincidence!!!

kimmyk said...

I have a secret that I can't share..I wish I could, but...I'm just a third party to the whole circumstance...its sad not being able to talk about it sometimes...

I totally love the postsecret website..I stalk it every Sunday morning with a cup of tea.

Unknown said...

We're a lot a like...I can't lie for shit. Everyone tells me so. I guess that's why I'm so candid.

Vajana said...

kimmy: I don't know of this site, what is the address? Is it people just writing random secrets? Oooh maybe I can write on that!

Lauren: I agree with you, some people claim they want honesty but when they get it they're offended. Although I don't think I'm not THAT honest (or at least tactfully so) I know sometimes it can lead to hurt feelings!!

Bente said...

http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

That's the address for post secret. Enjoy! It's a great site.

paintergirl said...

OMG! that is sooo darn funny! I just love that movie. Why is it hard to admitt to liking it? I know I would be teased relentlessly.