Thursday, July 07, 2005

Cat Haiku

My aunt Shirley just emailed this to me and cat humor was never humorous to me until I understood what the hell it meant. Love this though.


The food in my bowl
Is old, and more to the point
Contains no tuna.

So you want to play.
Will I claw at dancing string?
Your ankle's closer.

There's no dignity
In being sick - which is why
I don't tell you where.

Seeking solitude
I am locked in the closet.
For once I need you.

Tiny can, dumped in
Plastic bowl. Presentation,
One star; service: none.

Am I in your way?
You seem to have it backwards:This pillow's taken.

My affection is
conditional. Don't stand up,
It's your lap I love.

Cats can't steal the breath
Of children. But if my tail's
Pulled again, I'll learn.

I don't mind being
Teased, any more than you mind
A skin graft or two.

So you call this thing
Your "cat carrier." I call
These my "blades of death."

5 comments:

Vajana said...

i have 2 cats too--tuxedo. They drive me nuts but give me love at the same time.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

That's good, VJ, ver' funny. I love me some cats.

Vajana said...

thanks Hoss, as I try to clean the cat hair from the keyboard to type....

Random and Odd said...

Mwhahahhahaaaaa.

I have forgoten the joys of cat ownership. This was the perfect reminder of WHY.

:)

Janet said...

I. Love. Haiku. In fact, on some Fridays, a group of my friends and I e-mail each other in haiku format!

Comment for your blog:
I love reading the haiku!
Brief and to the point.