Thursday, February 16, 2006

Remember

Four years ago today my grandpa died. I can't believe it's been that long. I am surprised sometimes at myself, because I will remember him in very odd moments. Last week, I was at the dentist, and they were watching the "Price Is Right" and it instantly made me think of him, but it didn't make me sad, it made me...well, it was a bittersweet memory. I know those moments are what it means when someone stays with you and lives on with you in your heart. So I'm not sad today, I am happy that I can think about all the fun times we had together. He would be embarrassed if there was any kind of fuss about him, that's how he was.

LP and I apparently have a new channel on our Dish programming called "Doc" which is a channel full of documentaries, and we came across a doc on Ray Davies, the lead singer from the Kinks. It was very interesting, and I gained a new respect for their music. He played a song that never became a huge hit in the U.S., but is so hauntingly beautiful it has been tattooed on my brain since I watched that:

"Days"

Thank you for the days,
Those endless days, those sacred days you gave me.
I'm thinking of the days, I won't forget a single day, believe me.

I bless the light, I bless the light that lights on you believe me.
And though you're gone,
You're with me every single day, believe me.

Days I'll remember all my life,
Days when you can't see wrong from right.
You took my life,
But then I knew that very soon you'd leave me,
But it's all right,
Now I'm not frightened of this world, believe me.

Sheesh! Isn't that just gorgeous? To be able to write a song like that. Wow.

And I stayed up last night to watch "Cold Mountain" and although I cringed at the fact that Nicole Kidman's makeup was flawless even when she was in the woods and her hair, although artsily tousled, was perfect, it was a pretty decent flick, and Renee Zellweger was fantastic in it, but above all, I have got me a new pretend boyfriend in Jude Law. My god that man is hot. How come this have never come to my attention?? Was I so blindsighted by David Beckham and Rick Springfield that I failed to jump on the bandwagon of what is called the Hotness of Jude Law??? I usually choose lesser known how guys to have crushes on (i.e., Wes Bentley, uh, yeah Rick Springfield isn't so much considered for People magazine anymore) but there is no way I can deny Jude's credibility. He is gorgeous.

Sorry, the Ricker has officially been replaced. *swoon*
















Dee-lish.

4 comments:

Cat said...

Yep. Jude is HAWT, right? In a very British type of way, of course. Which is the good way.

Too bad he's a big ho.

Sort of takes the bloom off the rose, you know what I'm saying?

Still... PRETTY.

Vajana said...

true, very true. Maybe I'm more in love with the character he plays in that movie, too. Hmm.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Nah. He's wearing too much lipstick.

Bente said...

Yeah, Jude is a sexy hunk of chunk. I can't remember what movie it was that I saw him in...some army/war type, that's when he drew me in. But, I do agree he is a big ho and I think I also fall for the characters he plays more then anything else.

That song is beautiful, I'd love to actually hear it.I love that it makes you happy when you think of grandpa. That's sweet.