Friday, February 22, 2008

Jana Say Disney: Day 7...Magic Kingdom

Good heavens it's almost March and I'm still not done with this thing. LP suggested I write a book. Yeah I'm sure that would be a best seller.

Can I just tell you that I'm not good at ANYTHING? No, it's actually true. One day, Rug was telling her Daddy how great he was at math, and at fixing things, and yada yada yada, and I said, "Well, what am I good at?"

Her response?

"Oh mommy you are a good tracer."

A TRACER. That is how I will go down in my life. LP has promised me he will put that on my grave stone. "JanaSayQua, Loving Wife, Beloved Mom, Good Tracer."



Day 7, Wednesday at Magic Kingdom

Today I had two character meals reserved. Breakfast with Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter. For dinner it was the Winnie-The-Pooh gang. We did decide today that since we'd already spent so much time at MK on Monday, that since AK was having extra magic hours, that we would leave MK early to go there and ride Expedition Everest again.

Our reservations for breakfast were for 8:20 a.m. and LP drove to the Grand Floridian and dropped us off to park. He took a VERY long time to get back. Rug had the vibrating thingee, and I was trying to keep up with Mo who was running all over the place. The Grand Floridian is THE nicest hotel on Disney property, it costs about $500 a night to stay there. And Mo proceeded to crouch down in the middle of the lobby and poop.

That's when I realized the diaper bag was in the car.

I knew that if it was taking this long to park, LP must've had to park in Disney LAND so I knew there wasn't going to be another trip back to the car. I saw a woman who had a baby about Mo's age and asked to borrow a diaper. She was more than helpful, and said that it had happened to her before as well. Lovely. So I changed Mo in the super deluxe fancy schmancy bathroom and luckily our buzzer soon went off.

I immediately went up to the buffet to get some food for Mo so she would be occupied. Apparently Mary Poppins stopped by while I was gone. They'd already seen her at Epcot, but still got a picture.

Tigger was 'bouncing from table to table and Mo was giggling so much. I think she was finally used to the big characters and was having a ball watching him. She even hugged him when he came to our table.

After breakfast we drove over to the MK parking lot and took the monorail to MK. No drama today! The only thing LP wanted was to make sure Mo got to ride It's A Small World. I'm not sure why, but he just really wanted her to. First we went through Tomorrowland and stopped off at the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, which was hysterical. It was hosted by Mike Wazowski and was a stand-up comedy act full of monsters. The jokes were really great. We were all cracking up.

We rode Peter Pan's Ride first and then went to It's a Small World, and there was no line at all.

LP was so excited, and thought Mo would think this ride was the neatest thing ever.

Yep, you guessed it. She immediately fell asleep!!

So we went to Mickey's Philharmagic while she was sleeping, and also took the opportunity to ride Haunted Mansion. She slept through it all.

Haunted horse carriage, in front of the Haunted Mansion.

We sat near the Country Bear Jamboree and ate some treats, i had the best snickerdoodle cookie I've ever had, and the girls ate some fudge. My goal on this trip was to find a "Dole Whip" which I've read is the best snack IN DisneyWorld, but we still never got around to it. The girls came very close to winning a pin from one of the CM, but ended up trading for some neat pins instead.

Next we headed to ToonTown where we wanted Mo to play, but it was getting very hot and we were all pretty tired. Although I did not forget anything on this trip, I did fail miserably in choosing clothing. it was almost 80 degrees that day, and Mo was in a long-sleeved dress. I bought her a Tinkerbell onesie and we took the train back to Main Street.

The one thing I wanted to do while we were there is get Mo's first haircut. She has a LOT of hair, so it wasn't going to be difficult to do! She was so good and she got a pair of Mickey ears that say "My First Haircut" after she was done.

As she was getting her haircut, LP saw two characters signing autographs, and didn't know who they were. I recognized them from old Disney cartoons. Fortunately, in the hotel there was a 'classic' disney cartoon channel, and the girls were able to see them in a cartoon later that evening. Horace and Clarabelle. I think Clarabelle was actually Goofy's girlfriend at one time.

We went back to the hotel and LP and I did some packing, the girls went down to the pool to swim (we'd heard that all week--can we swim? can we swim? I didn't realize the need to swim was so embedded in a child's brain) and Mo took a bath. We got to AK around 4:30 and got our bracelets for the extra magic hours. We rode Expedition Everest again (still awesome) and went to eat dinner at a place called Yak and Yeti LP was convinced we could eat there but I thought we needed reservations. That wasn't the case though and it was the best food we had. We all LOVE Chinese food, and this was delicious.

The whole time we were there it looked like it was about to pour, the sky was black. LP's knees were not working at all. It never rained though! The only time it ever rained was the Saturday we had soccer games, and we were already sleeping!

Next we did Child Swap and rode Dinosaur. I rode with the girls first, and I mean to tell you this was the scariest ride I've ever been on! And I do not scare easily. Big ol' dinos jumping out from everywhere. I can't imagine a young kid riding this, it would scar them forever. While LP rode with the girls, I walked down a pathway to a gift shop to pick up a water, and talk about Disney detail...while walking through this small path of foliage, it sounded like dinosaurs were sifting their way through the leaves. ANd since it was completely dark, wow, it was really cool. Mo thought it was neat too, saying 'oooooooh' back at the elusive dinos.

There wasn't much more to do, so we headed for It's Tough to Be a Bug, which gave us a chance to get closer to the Tree of Life. It is so amazing. Mo did NOT like this show at all. It was one of those 'it's almost over, it's almost over' kinds of shows. Stink bugs, spiders, mean grasshoppers, can't say I blame her.

We were all tired so we went back to the hotel and crashed. And watched cartoons. Here is the last picture I got, not a good one, but at least Mo enjoyed one ride at Animal Kingdom:

Next up: Last day at Disney and it finally rains! :(

No comments: