Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Dick Van Patten he ain't

Today I have been completely obsessed with the Duggar family. Last night, I watched their story on the Discovery Channel, which apparently was their highest rated show ever. The parents, devout Southern Baptists, have 16 (sixteen. Sixteen. SIXTEEN.) children, and built themselves a 7,000 square foot home to live in. Jim Bob and Michelle homeschool their children, sew their own clothes, teach them violin, and have their own church services on Sunday.

LP and I watched it last night, switching between that, the Anatomy of Sex, and a show on polygamy. Needless to say, we had our share of 'relationships' as it were.

This morning, as I was packing lunches, making breakfasts, making beds, doing hair, and emptying the dishwasher, I dropped some cereal on the floor, and he said, "Come on honey, let's have 14 more."

Ummmmm........no.

2 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Thirteen?

Unknown said...

LOL... first off... the Duggar family? I mean this in the nicest possible way, but really "Fah-reaks!"

Secondly, on that rare occasion when one, two or all three of our children are throwing tantrums, etc. Hubby will look at me and say "Just one more?"

And Punkin will usually chime in with "No way." It is at that point, that I just smile. :)