Monday, December 01, 2008

Turkey Weekend

I had a surprisingly enjoyable weekend. Thanksgiving was busy, and the food was delicious. NO DRAMA! Which is the sweetest part of it all.

Friday morning I got up early to head to Wal-Mart in search for a good deal on a new camcorder, and a few Christmas gifts. Now that we live in the sticks, we are closer to the SUPER Wal-Mart even further away, and I was hoping it would be less crowded than the one I used to go to. I was totally right, and it was awesome. I got two of the 'doorbusters' that I hoped to get even though it was already 7:30 a.m. I did witness my first Black Friday fight, in electronics naturally. Some woman claimed another woman took something out of her cart, and it was free for all. I backed away quickly, singing "We Wish you a Merry Christmas!" as I got outta there.

I found the checkout near the garden area with no line so I didn't even have to wait in LINE! It was great. I got home, ate some breakfast and left with the in-laws to drive 2 hours to an outlet mall for more shopping. We go every year, stay in a hotel and get away from my kids for 24 hours. It was nice, and I got some great deals. can you say fleece pullovers at Old Navy 2 for $10? Oh yeah!

Of course now we are knee deep in stomach flu and both the kids are home sick today, but the next 3 weeks there is no soccer, little homework and a lot of Christmas cheer. I can't wait.

One more thing, I found out LP's uncle is going to be on Reno 911! Isn't that cool? I'm almost famous.

No comments: