Thursday, May 01, 2008

Summer, Donna

I won't give you ALL of the details of our conversation last night, but my dear LP compared me to Donna Summer for some reason last night. Upon this revelation I started to sing, "She Works Hard for the Money" and he said, "Donna Summer didn't sing that."

Now LP is otherwise a walking encyclopedia of music knowledge, and it thrilled me to no end that I was on the winning side of a bet.

"Wanna bet?"

Oh yeah, he ran to the internets to get him some answers.

I'm getting me a nice back massage tonight. Which, in case you were wondering, is the ongoing prize for any and all bets that take place in the Say Qua Household.

All this talk reminded me of one of my favorite SNL skits with Cheri Oteri and Toby McGuire:

What to say when a customer in front of you is causing problems at the burger joint

For some reason my kids just don't get it when I yell "Simma Donna!" to them when they're out of control. It does make them stop however.

No comments: