Thursday, April 27, 2006

Time for an anatomy lesson

Scene: In the car ride home from school.

A: 8 year old
R: 6 year old
Me: Yeah, that's me.


A: Oh my gosh Mom, the second grade boys are so mean! And...well, they started calling Courtney a very inappropriate name. I mean, oh my gosh REALLY inappropriate.

Me: Oh, well, that's 2nd grade boys for ya.

R: What was it?

A: *snicker* It is so inappropriate, I would be embarrassed to say it! *snicker*

Me: Well, go ahead, you know I don't care.

A: Mom, they called her "Mrs. Balls" !!!!!!

Me: (laughing) What? Why in the world would they call her that? That doesn't even make sense.

A: (we're all laughing now) I know! But they did, they called her "Mrs. Balls."

R: Well, what does that mean? Mrs. Balls?

A: Oh, don't you know...Balls are why you have to wear a bra when you get older!

Me: ???!??!?!?! What!?? No they're not! (laughing hysterically now)

A: Oh, Mom, yes they are. *sigh*.

************

Okay, so how on earth did my daughter not know that boobies and balls are two totally different things? I mean, sure my husband calls them funbags, but that's way off.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Heh... yeah... kids are SO much fun. ;)

paintergirl said...

Right now, pooping and peeing a real scream. My man proudly called himself a poopasaur.

Hey are you feeling better? And how is the little one in ze belly doing?

Janet said...

Ha ha!! Our daughter got an early lesson in balls, nards, and plums as she co-slept and was fond of kicking that area. Maybe my husband needed to wear a bra? *g*