Monday, April 10, 2006

oh and a few more things

Today is Opening Day at the ballpark for the Cardinals. My father, who is the Father of All Conspiracy Theories and who really does still think it's 1963, is very bitter about this ballpark, because he says it's 'courting the richies'. Basically, you can't go to a ballgame for less than $100. For once I'm going to have to agree with my dad. We didn't have a lot of money when I was a kid, but you can be darn sure we could afford the bleacher seats at Busch Stadium. Now it requires photo I.D. and a very large checking account just to get the crappy seats. But oh well, I'm sure sometime this season we will be lucky enough to score some free tickets. That's the only way I'll justify going. But I still loves my Cards.

In other news, I sure do love those Gateway Grizzlies. They are an independent league located in my husband's hometown (also home of several 'adult bars' which means if you hear someone from St. Louis talking about the 'east side' yeah, this is the place). The games are a RIOT to go to, sometimes they hand out maracas to shake when the opposing team is at bat, and they always have contests for the kids. AND it's super duper cheap to go.

But now, if I haven't told you about this, they have devised a plan to attract more fans.

Again I say, only in the Midwest.

Best Burger in the World!

No comments: