Monday, April 30, 2007

Still A mess

The game was a lot of fun. The stadium is absolutely amazing, but my dad was right. It totally caters to people with money. Altogether, our night out at the ballpark cost well over $200. I can't imagine how much it would have been with the kids. We sat in the "Redbird Club" area which had an air-conditioned (well, it wasn't air-conditioned at the time, it was nipply!) area with 6 stations of different cuisines to choose from. LP and I had 'gourmet' pizzas. It's a far cry from hot dogs and nachos, that is for sure. Our meal was over $30, and that was just one soda. But it was a lot of fun. LP is usually not allowed to take pictures, as you can see from the picture above, it's more like a "Where's Waldo" game than a picture of me.

On a sad note, we lost one of Cardinal players this weekend. Josh Hancock, relief pitcher, was killed in a car accident. He was only 29. And that just sucks.

***********

Only a few more weeks until we go to the beach. We have two out of town soccer tournaments and Rug has started softball, so no rest for the wicked!

Here is a question to leave you with that I heard on the radio the other day: Is there a quote or line from a book that changed your way of thinking, and if there is, what is it?

I will tell you my answer tomorrow!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Retroactive comment...I tried so hard to read Watership Down but I couldn't get past the first few chapters where they introdcued the 6 million characters and were trying to figure out who was leaving the meadow or whatever it was.

A song that changed my entire way of thinking? Not hugely but I do find that when I am stressed out and cannot see a light at the end of the tunnel Bob Marley's Three Little Birds (with the line "don't worry about a thing, 'cause every little thing's gonna be alright...) reminds me that all the problems can be broken down into smaller sub-problems which makes them easier to deal with.

Either that or it's the pot I'm smoking when I listen to it...

No. Only kidding about the pot thing...seriously, I'm like the World's Most Retarded Smoker which is why I don't do it.

Vajana said...

TKW: Yes, Watership Down is really boring at first, but it gets much better, trust me. I do believe the first time I read it though I had a lot more free time. I'm already stuck on it.

I was actually looking for a book but a song will do just as well! I have many songs that have completely changed my way of thinking, and, guilty pleasure be damned, it is that one song by Baz Luhrman "Always Wear Sunscreen". That one always gets me going.

I haven't smoked pot in over 10 years. Personal reasons, and especially because paranoia does not sit well with an already paranoid person.

kalki said...

Golly you are cute. Super cute.

As for the question, yes. All the time. It changes, depending on what I need to hear at the time. I actually keep a file of every quote I come across the resonates with me (anal, I know). Some of them I post on my blog, others I keep to myself.