Thursday, April 05, 2007

baby handlers

So what is the proper etiquette when someone takes your baby out of your hands to hold them? Without asking, that is. I have come across this a lot lately, I know my kid is adorable but seriously? First of all, it's all yucky outside and who the hell knows what kind of germs you are carrying. And secondly, HELLO THAT IS MY KID.

I'm all about the sharing of the baby love. Babies to some people are like chocolate candy or Reese's Peanut butter cups, they brighten up their day. I am not a baby person, except for my own, so I know there have been few incidents of me taking a baby, and if there were, I surely ASKED permission first.

What's a momma to do? Shun said baby holders or just say, "Hey, not right now. She just got done playing with her own poop."

2 comments:

Vajana said...

now there's a thought!!

Unknown said...

I always ask first if I can hold them, or in my neighbor's case I'll say "I need my baby fix" and she knows to fork the kid over.

It's creep for people to take the kid without asking...