Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Not much doing

I really wanted to post every day this week. And it's almost Wednesday already! Oh well. My grandma died last week, so we were busy with the arrangements, etc. I am very glad my father can go on with his life; he was an incredibly devoted son to her, and my parents have been caring for others too long now, it's time for them to have their own fun!! (and I don't dare ask what that might entail). ((although I'm sure it has something to do with playing Bunco and going to several church dinners)).

The funeral threw a little wrench into the 10-day Al birthday plan, but so far this week it has been good. She spent the day at the bookstore on Monday with a Cardinals game afterwards, (Hello? How many frigging people do we HAVE on the DL?) and today she spent at the City Museum in St. Louis. Tomorrow we are going horseback riding (much to my dismay) and Thursday she will get to meet up with her friends for some roller skating disco. She is enjoying it a lot so far, I'm glad. I think it is much easier than trying to figure out how to entertain 12 screaming girls for 4 hours.

I've gone back to my workout regimen, and by golly this time I'm sticking to it. That is a post for another day, but if Marcia Brady can lose it, surely I can. Oh and the One Day at a Time chickie. So I'm back on the treadmill, again, with my fixed (yay!) iPod and my new sneakers I'm Rhet-ta-go.

Annnnnd finally, if this post weren't exciting enough, the new SUPER Wal-Mart opened in our area last week. You have NO IDEA how thrilling this is. Before now, you had two choices. Pay through the nose and they will bag your groceries, or get limited selection and cheap prices with bagging your own groceries. Ya know what my least favorite thing to do is? Bag frigging groceries. So, now the Wal-Mart is here, cheap prices AND, they bag your damn groceries. It has definitely given me the forbidden fruit, and I am so taking a big ol' bite. I have my list ready. Plus, I can get my nails done, my hair cut, my taxes done AND rotate my tires. Hot dog.

Tomorrow I will remember to post a pic of Miss M at the Cardinals game because it IS the sweetest thing ever, even if 2 people asked me why I had a wig on my baby. Swear!

No comments: